Sunday, August 10, 2003

Well I guess this will be my first real post where I actually write something. Or maybe it won't be. It's funny because I thought of so many things that I could write in here while I was working and now that I am writing they seem to be gone. Anyhow... my dad sounds like he might be lending my mom his truck so I can move my stuff up to Edmonton. Which is good because that will save me a lot of money and it's been hard trying to find a vehicle to rent.

I'm reading a good book right now- A Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I really enjoy Oscar Wilde's work. He always manages to make me laugh and his writing is littered with great one liners.

I was annoyed at work to begin with because my co-worker was late... and she proceeded to take her time getting her uniform on and such and we only got half of what we were supposed to get done because she didn't feel like working. She's quitting soon... but I can't understand why people go to work and then DON'T work and leave me to do all the work. I mean I complain about having to go to work before I get there, but that's more of an anticipation thing. Once I'm there it isn't so bad and I do what I get paid to do- without complaining. sigh... there's my little rant about work.

I was just thinking today (while I worked of course) of how much everything seems to have changed over the past five years of my life. And also what has seemed to remain the same. And then i was wondering if I've really changed... or if it is just my outlook on life that has changed? Or it could be both... I'm a much happier person now than I was five years ago- hell I'm much happier today than I was three years ago and that has made a huge difference in my life. I guess I know what I want out of life now... or at least more so than I did back in grade ten. I'm stilll a little insecure... but I'm working on that. And yeah... I'm a little bit more guarded than I used to be which is why it's been so hard for me to write this. Sometimes I feel like I want to tell someone something- something I might have freely told in the past and I stop myself. I guess that comes from being hurt... anyways... I guess I'm done pouring my heart out for the evening although who knows when this rare occasion will come upon us again... til next time adios.

No comments: