Monday, December 19, 2005

Anti-social

tomorrow at 14:30 pm I commence the first of my last four shifts at the lab. Part of me is ecstatic and the other part of me is sad. I am going to miss the people I work with. That is honestly the ONLY thing I will miss.

Today, I saw Lindsay and Michael which was nice. Now instead of being pratically married, they are engaged. I'm pretty sure they won't mind me saying anything. We went shopping, and I finished up my Christmas shopping. The malls were busy, but I think I have seen worse. It all depended on where you were shopping. I got some pretty good deals today. I finished up Lindsay C.'s gift- probably the one I am most proud of. I felt like Martha Steward as I wrapped her present in two scarves I purchased from Smart Set... $8.00 flat for both and they look like they are worth about $20 each. And they suit Lindsay; I could see her wearing them.

Tonight, we took my cat in for his yearly shots. He was such a good cat. But we found out he is going to have to get some teeth pulled because they are absessed. Which sucks, but what can you do? Both I took my cat up to the vets, I did the last two weeks worth of laundry. By the time I got back from the vet, I was beat. I feel like I am jet lagged, which really isn't surprising, because with my job switching from days to night the way it does, really is tough on the body. I mean, right now I'm struggling to stay up until 11 pm, whereas at the beginning of last week I was struggling to go to bed at 8 pm. I think that is the root of my anti-social behaviour tonight... tired, with the potential of grouchy. So instead of forcing my social side out I am going to curl up with my book and go to sleep.

No comments: