Monday, December 12, 2005

Why?

So I am checking my e-mail here at the Brooks library and find something unexpected. Last year at around Christmas I sent out a whole bunch of e-mails to numerous professors, the heads of labs ect. and got a few bites but not a lot and certainly no jobs. It is funny, because I haven't even applied for anything this year, nor am I planning on staying in Calgary and I get an e-mail from the Director of the Molecular Diagnostic Lab at the Alberta Children's Hospital asking me to apply to work in their lab for the summer. I vaguely recall e-mailing him last year, but I didn't receive much a of response. I'm amazed that they still have my e-mail address and e-mailed me. I think it would an awesome opportunity, but it would also mean I finish my degree a whole semester later. I mean this right up the alley of what I thought I wanted to do. It would be a chance for me to see what it would be like. I guess it couldn't hurt to apply.

Grrr... this makes my life a whole lot more difficult. I mean, I'm sick of making huge decisions. I thought I would be free of this for awhile. But I guess not.

Anyhow, I should go. I have a ton of stuff I want to get done today, for christmas you know.

Until next time...

No comments: