Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Half-Marathon


Yesterday I officially started training for the Half-Marathon I plan on running on March 4th/2007. I know it probably seems like a leap to go from running shorter distances (longest being about 12 km) to more than double that, but I think I can do if I train my body. I know it will be difficult, but I am up for the challenge. I've joined a running room training clinic and I am pumped and ready to go.

This Sunday is our first Sunday run (which are the longer runs of the week). We are starting at 7 km which I know I can manage already. By then I should be recovered from all the sprinting I did in soccer. Oh yeah- I am playing women's recreational soccer. I think it will be fun. Or at least it was last time despite only having 7 players, which in indoor soccer means that you only have two subs for an hour long game that is split into two halves.

Ugh- I so much school work to do. I really should stay up to do some, but all I feel like doing is sleeping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa! I am impressed. Way to go. I wish I was playing sports right now. I miss doing that.