Thursday, October 07, 2004

So I was studying in the Harry Potter library (ie Rutherford North) today... and Sarah my genetics buddy came and we had a gay old study time.

We realized something VERY important about the course we were studying. Its called Genetics 390: Principles of Gene Manipulation. So we are sitting there, talking about different stuff you can do to DNA and we both came to the same WONDERFUL CONCLUSION! Every technique in the WHOLE freaking course involves taking was we know about DNA stability and messing it up so that we can in turn do what we want with the DNA. Anyhow... this makes my life a whole LOT easier. At first I didn't see how it was all connected, but BAM tonight I saw the light and it all makes sense. I feel like I can do any problem he throws my way! Sigh... it might just be enough.

Sigh... so in other news, i bought myself a genetics t-shirt today. That's right... you know you are a genetics geek when you wear a double helix on your shirt. Anyhow... they are actually pretty nice this year.... mine is going to be white with red sleeves :)

Woah... and I think I like someone. And I think I need to rest my mind muscle, because I feel like if I don't soon, I am not going to sleep...

State: Woah major neural activity done today....

P.S.- Chad and I decided people go into genetics because they are scared of math... I think it is true. I mean who else, but a geneticist would decide that we don't need anymore chemistry (inorganic)(ie-math-y chemm) after first year-- when all the biochem, microbiology, cell biology ect. people need to take it.... hmmm its not like what they are doing is so different from what we are doing.

No comments: