Tuesday, February 22, 2005

So I figured that while I am up late doing laundry for part two of my Coast to Coast TREK, I would give a little run down of how part one of the trip (the Pacific coast)went!

I arrived in Victoria at approximately 1:00 pm on Friday afternoon. It was sunny and warm (+10C) and my winter jacket was quickly thrown to the back seat of the car and later hung up and forgotten for the remainder of the trip. The weather for the whole weekend was simply amazing! Of all the times I have been to Victoria during a reading break, I don't think it has ever been that nice. Not a cloud was seen in the sky for the whole 4 days. And those of you who know Victoria, know that this is a feat unto itself.

On Friday, we went out for really good sushi and then tried to see Leeroy Stagger play at Lucky Bar, but alas the opening band only started playing at 11 and they were horrible and there was still another band to come on before Leeroy, so one of Lindsay's friends bought both of his albums and we left and listened to him on the way home in the car.

On Saturday, I forced Lindsay to get up early so that we could go have breakfast in Victoria with other Lindsay (we will call her Linds for the sake of not confusing you) and Michael. The food was awesome- Blue Fox Cafe, I highly recommend it. But the service was kind of slow. Oh well, it was all worth it when we got our French toast topped with fruit and cream cheese sauce... mmmm. Then we drove back to Duncan and went out to dinner with Erin and Alan(Lindsay's boy). Dinner was good... Then we watched Troy which may not be true to the story, but we highly enjoyable if only for its hot man factor. Mmmmm Brad Pitt wearing next to nothing. What more can I say? Then we had a good long chat about sex (something I miss a lot not having Lindsay around) and ended up going to bed around 2 in the morning.

Sunday, we tried to sleep in. I succeeded, Lindsay didn't. Later, we went hiking in The East Sooke Regional Park. I believe we did the Coast Trail. It was absolutely breathtaking! We even saw a seal bathing in the sun on the rocks. After the hike, we made some delicious supper and then decided we wanted to use up the bananas in banana bread and muffins. I made the bread and she made the muffins. While the muffins were baking, we fixed my Dairy Queen deprivation and went home to finish our baking. By the time our baking was done it was time to for bed.

Monday, Lindsay brought me to the airport for my flight that was going to leave at 1:15 pm. So I got to the airport at 12:15. Only our flight didn't leave until 4:30, a good 3h 15min late. This was due to the weather in Toronto. Which makes me a little concerned about my flight tomorrow being on time. Anyhow... I should go check on my laundry. Until at least 5 days from now...

State: Tired

No comments: