Wednesday, November 03, 2004

As most of you probably have already heard- mini-humans have been discovered on the Island of Flores. I first came across this article: What does it mean to be human? on the BBC news website and I found it to be fascinating. Then I noticed it was a rebuttal to Desmond Morris' article Eton or the zoo?. I found both to be very interesting and kind of reminded me of debates I never got involved in high school.

I've decided- more than once I think, that I am bad at flirting. I could just kick myself sometimes with the things I say. I get so nervous and start talking a mile a minute. Sigh, as such I tend to only attract people I am not interested in. Probably because I am not really nervous around them... and act more flirty- they misinterpret and I am left to let them down. So I did a web search on flirting and I came up with the Social Issues Research Center's Guide to Flirting. It is pretty detailed and I think I will try it tomorrow. I mean I have nothing to lose. If anything, he'll read me wrong and I'll end up with another good friend.

But I am not really sure about this whole attractiveness level thing... I mean the websites says to women if you think you aren't that attractive, you probably are more attactive than you think you are. But really how do you ever know how attractive you are? I mean, I don't think I am that attractive. I am definately not one of those girls that turns head as I walk by, but I guess I don't think I am ugly either. Average I guess you could say? Anyhow- that is enough narcissism for one night. I think I am going to look at some study stuff for a bit.

State: Good... but frustrated with myself :(
Song: Possesion- Sarah McLachlan

No comments: