Monday, November 15, 2004

Kill me now. I wanted to poke my eyes out today. I love genetics, but I have found out through having TWO classes on it today that I HATE genomics. Some of you out there are probably like, WTF- aren't they pretty much the same thing? No, not really. When you study genomics it is studying an organisms whole set of genes and sequencing and using computers to find the genes from the sequences. BORING! Well at least to me that is. For me, it isn't so much where the genes are on the chromosome that facinates me, but what those genes do. And I don't mind gene regulation nearly as much as I thought. It is looking really good beside my two genomics classes. yuck... so I have decided that I am not nearly interested enough in genomics/yeast to study this stuff at home, so I am banishing myself to the library for the next little while.

Anyhow...that's all my news. Oh, and I wish this guy in my class was single, because he is totally cute, old enough (as in older than me :))and funny. What more could a girl ask for? Oh right, he is not single that is what is missing.

Well I am going to call it a night...

Song: You got me all wrong- Dios
State: grrr genomics suck, good otherwise

No comments: