Tuesday, November 23, 2004

So, this weekend was good. Friday, I went to an open house at the Cross Cancer center. I am actually thinking maybe I might want to do that. Cancer research that is. But I am not sure... I mean what I am trying to say is I am not sure about anything. I mean, last year that bothered me, but this year it doesn't and I really don't know why. Nor do I care. I guess it is because at the begining of this year, I told myself I would decide whether I was doing my degree in four or five year in the first two weeks. I guess I decided four. But that is only if I don't do IIP. Right now... if I can get myself a summer job in a lab, I am not doing IIP and I am finishing my degree in four and applying to everything I want to apply... if not I will do IIP and yeah. They basically told us- that if you make an effort to talk to the profs before you apply for some of the positions they are more likely to accept you. I just need them to look past my marks and see my enthusiasm.

Also on Friday, I went to Pharos for lasagna with Sarah. That was fun. After that, I hung out with my roommates and watched Envy. I guess you could say it was a typical Ben Stiller comedy. Fairly ridiculus... but somewhat amusing.

On Saturday, I did fairly little in the way of work. But I did get all of my laundry done. And I talked to my cousin Kris. That was nice... we are pretty close considering we only talk to each other a couple of times a year. I am actually thinking of going to visit him sometime. I'm not sure when... but sometime.

Monday, I met with Rachel after school. We went for coffee (for Rachel) and hot chocolate for me. We sat down and talked about everything under the sun. It was nice. Some very philosophical conversation... but I need that every once and awhile. Too much science will make your head explode. Just like mine will after these next four weeks are over. But then I can kick back and relax... and not worry about DNA, RNA, or how to manipulate it, isolate it and characterize it. YAY! Until next term... Don't get me wrong, I like what I am studying. And at the same time I find it really dry. I mean lately, all we've studied is techniques. That is hard on a person who would rather do some techniques and learn about them that way than read about them for three different courses. Gag me.

Okay- and for my last night of freedom (tonight) I went to The Incredibles with Aja and Sarah. It was excellent. So good. I highly recommend it. Honestly one fo the best movies that Pixar has come out with for awhile.

I had some cool thing to talk about, but I can't remember what I had been thinking about to post... but it is gone now. All I know is that the amount of work I have left myself to do makes me feel sick inside. Barf.

Oh yeah- I remember. I want some time off school. I am sick of studying and I just want to work for a year and then go back. But that wasn't everything... oh well. For you addicts out there- this is your fix for awhile. I am honestly going out of commission for a little bit, but I might come back on the 3rd of December to post. That is my next day of freedom... so you never know. And maybe if I have a breakdown before then... but I am not planning on it.

Time for sleep.

State: how did I dig myself this deep?
Song: Float On- Modest Mouse

No comments: