Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Okay... wanted to post a couple of days ago when I first got into Edmonton but I didn't. So I guess I get to post now.

I got my hair cut and dyed tonight. It is a lot blonder than I thought it would be. I guess now I will fit into my house of blondies, although that isn't really what I was going for.

I passed my physiology exam. All this proves is that with a little bit of luck and knowledge, and some good guessing skills someone that doesn't know much can do well on a multiple choice exam. And while I am very happy with my mark, I realize the flaw in the system. I mean some people that actually know more than me might have done worse because of the genre of exam, where I know that if I had written a short or long answer exam I wouldn't have done as well, mainly because I didn't know enough to do well on that type of exam. The system tests whether one is good at multiple choice tests and often not what someone knows, and I think that is bad.But I guess there are no ideal tests. I mean multiple choice are hard to write, but easy to mark and short/long/essay question type exams are easier to write and harder to mark, but actually might test more. Personally, I think problem solving exams tests are the best. But those are hard to write too... Why do I think they are better? Because, if you happen to forget a detail but UNDERSTAND the material enough to apply it, you will still get part marks. I love that. My friend and I had a theory- that the more you know the worse you are at multiple choice, so less is often more. Which is sad. Anyhow... I've done my random run-on paragraph where I ramble about multiple choice exams now.

So.... what else do I have to talk about? I'm not sure. Oh- I'm blond now. I didn't mean to go this blond, but it happened. I have been told it looks good... so I think I'll just go with it. Woah- I talked about that before I rambled about multiple choice exams. I'm tired, I think I am going to head off to bed.

State: Grrrreat!


Update: So as Daley has pointed out, it is supposed to say Calgary... I think the blond might be going to my head ;)(j/k)

No comments: