Friday, December 19, 2003

phew... I hurt. Today I used muscles I forgot existed. Went up to Kicking Horse with Jane and Caimin for Calgary Day which meant lift tickets were only 10$. I had never been up to Kicking Horse and for the most part I really enjoyed it. One thing they don't have there is good signage... I never really knew what runs I was on or what difficulty they were. It was funny because usually I warm myself up on the first run and do something easy so I can remember and the important stuff, like how to turn and such. But the lift at Kicking Horse takes you right up to the summit. hehehe so my first run was a black with lots of bumps and some powder that I did a face plant into.

My first run was probably the longest run I've ever done in my whole life and it was great. I even went into the trees a bit- my own choice and that was fun.

After lunch, I had another great but short run. Short because I couldn't figure out what run I wanted to take and ended up taking the stupid traverse the whole way down. But that's okay because my next run made up for it. That run I found some great bumps that were nice and soft. Because of the funny signage I though I was going on blues but then I would be on them and I'd be like this feels a lot more like a black- blues are usually groomed and such and don't have huge bumps and stuff. But then I was like- meh whatever I'm enjoying it so who really cares what they are. I kinda got stranded on the one side from this awesome run I had found and had to jump over this creek thing to get back to where I could get the gondola. hehehe that was amusing. But no one was around to laugh at me so I guess I was just laughing at myself.

So that was my wonderful day and skiing. Jane and I talked about going out dancing tonight but as you can see I think we both came to our senses and decided to not push our bodies much farther tonight.

I think I will have sweet snowriding dreams tonight...

State: Very sore, but blissful
Song: Summertime- Sublime

No comments: